adsl sharing

T

theone1

how could i share my adsl connection with someone around 700ft away,he's on the 2nd floor and i am on the 5th.also,he's on Windows ME.

You can buy two wireless transmitters and a wireless router and then you can network between the two computers and also share the adsl connection. But I'm not so good in network problems, so I hope someone can back me up.

back him up,someone!!!maybe a little more detail?would it work that far?? JJB6486!!!!

Wireless only works well up until about 150 ft away. You would need to run a network cable down to the other floor.

JJB

700ft is too much for a single CAT5 cable as well. At least for 100Mbit (not sure about 10Mbit). If you use directed antennas for the wireless you could get the range up quite a bit, right? Even 700ft perhaps?

The specs for a single run (without a repeater) of CAT5 UTP is 100 metres, and there is a margin for error.. that is at 10 or 100mbit. I think you can go a little further using coax.
However a repeater is very cheap.

Since you are in different buildings, I would go for a more high powered wireless device.. theres a few different types, but I don't know much about them.

haha! if you 2 live on the same block but diff. building, just get a 700ft cable and extend it to his place. extend the cables over on the roof. i know someone did that b4, plus thats the only option you got.

why does he not just get his own connection?

save you the trouble...

wireless connections can easily be accessed by others, keep that in mind.

it's gona be cheaper just to get your self a dsl account then to share one.

And even a cable is supposed to start loosing strength after 45ft.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back