Adobe Releases Flash Player 9

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Adobe Has released the latest version of its Flash Player which incorporates support for ActionScript 3 and the Flex 2.

The new player has two Virtual Machines, one which can play old content and one specifically for new Flash 9 AS3 based content.
According to an Adobe spokesman the new virtual machine is significantly faster, supports full runtime error reporting, and industry-standard debugging. It also includes binary socket support, allowing developers to extend the player to work with any binary protocol.

Source: The Inquirer

Download: Adobe Website

Any pages that show off the reason we need to upgrade?

Not sure how many pages are using AS3 as of yet, but I'm sure they will soon :)

Damn flash! one of the most irritating pieces of software used on the web just gets an upgrade. Worst thing since the idea of imbedded media. Stop with the fancy flash banners!

Im talking about form. Im talking about content. Im talking about interrelationships. Im talking about God, the devil, Heaven, Hell. Do you understand... FINALLY?

Damn, you are really wayyyyyy out there, like pluto. :p

Any who___, question I have as to this *cough* update. I installed at home this a.m. and for some odd reason it loaded it's plugin fine for Firefox (v1.5.0.4) but not for Mozilla (v1.7.13). I clicked on the link to test the install and all but Mozilla just shows the blank space where the flash animation would be saying that flash player 9. blah blah is installed and functioning. Anyone have any ideas?

And again, out there, like pluto. :p

My favorite change: Rebranded to Adobe Flash Player.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back