Adobe Photoshop

N

Not Bman

I have been using this program a long long time now. I have been using it since, hmm Adobe Photoshop 5.0. I'm using Adobe Photoshop 7.0 right now, and I was searching around for adobe things. I noticed Adobe Photoshop 8.0 CS. Is this the next version of Photoshop 7.0, or is that atotally different setup?

its the next version. there was 7, then CS, then CS2, which is the latest :)

Is there such thing as CS 8.0, I seen this on another forum. I'm assuming the person just said that, so it's accually just called CS?

I always thought CS was a choped up version, smaller, less complicated version of Photoshop. I guess I was wrong.

So just so were clear

Adobe Photoshop CS2 is the latest in the Photoshop series...right?

CS is version 8 of photoshop, CS2 is version 9. they are full-blown versions :)

Yeah, it's the latest. Photoshop 8.0 = Photoshop CS. Photoshop 9.0 = Photoshop CS 2. So CS 2 would be the latest :)

The "chopped up, smaller, less complicated" version would be Photoshop Elements.

Edit: Damn it, vertigo beat me again :p

Alright, I hate when programs start to have so many different versions and numbers. I get so lost, thanks for the info.

One of my favourite programs, plus the fact that I'm becoming a graphic designer soon. Yeah Yeah!!

Thanks once again.

Since were talking about photoshop, I have a bunch of filters, 8bf files. I double click them and it opens up photoshop, I don't notice anything else. How do I install these?

Nevermind, I used my head and figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, lol another question, I thought this one through, i dont know the answer this time. Can you have 2 different versions installed on one computer. Lets say I have Photoshop 7.0, can I install Photoshop CS2 without uninstalling 7.0?

Not sure. If you start the installation to CS2, I think it asks you if you want to upgrade.

There might be an option to select no. Theoretically, if you install CS2 in a different folder from 7.0, it should work. But I am just making a educated guess here.

Just so you know, Bman, CS2 is a great. I am very happy with it and it was well worth the $150 upgrade price (from 7.0).

Photoshop 9.0 CS2 is the latest ..

madmatt said:
Just so you know, Bman, CS2 is a great. I am very happy with it and it was well worth the $150 upgrade price (from 7.0).

I was just wondering all this cause my father just bought this bundle thing, not sure what it was. It had CS2 in it, and he knew I used Photoshop, but I didn't exatcly know what CS2 was at the time.

I am also very happy with the upgrade!

The Creative Suite package? Adobe Bridge is a welcomed edition to Photoshop/Creative Suite package.

I think thats the package.
Yea, I noticed that new thing (Adobe Bridge), I haven't looked at it yet. What exactly is it?

its an advanced photo manager, much like google's 'picasa'. you can view images, do other stuff (i don't use it often) & launch other adobe apps from it :)

Vertigo summed it up. It is a resource hog so make sure you have plenty of RAM. But very powerful. I love the batch rename tool.

I have 6 and 7 and cs....should i get cs2? Are there any BIG differences from cs?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back