Adobe Acrobat v7.0.8 / Adobe Reader v7.0.8

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Adobe Acrobat v7.0.8

The Adobe Acrobat 7.0.8 Professional/Standard/3D update fixes a number of bugs and is more secure. Adobe recommends that all Acrobat 7.0.x users apply this update.

Download Page: Adobe Acrobat v7.0.8
Direct Download: Adobe Acrobat v7.0.8 (Multiple Languages, 11.9MB)

Adobe Reader v7.0.8

This software lets you view and print Adobe PDF files on a variety of hardware and operating system platforms. Adobe Reader provides a host of features that enable you to submit PDF forms created with fillable form fields to such applications as Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional and Adobe Form Designer. Read and organize high-fidelity e-books. Activate search and accessibility capabilities built into your PDF files, and display Adobe Photoshop Album slide shows and electronic cards.

Invented by Adobe Systems and perfected over 15 years, Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) lets you capture and view robust information — from any application, on any computer system — and share it with anyone around the world. Individuals, businesses, and government agencies everywhere trust and rely on Adobe® PDF to communicate their ideas and vision.

Download Page: Adobe Reader v7.0.8
Download Update Only: Adobe Reader v7.0.8
Direct Download: Adobe Reader v7.0.8 (Full Package, English, 20.3MB) | Other Languages (FTP Site)

Change Log

The Adobe Reader 7.0.8 update adds new functionality, fixes a number of bugs, and is more secure. Adobe recommends that all Adobe Reader 7.0.x users apply this update.

New features/improvements in Adobe Reader 7.0.8

You can now perform a Yahoo Contextual (Y!Q) web search directly on text selected from within a document. For longer phrases especially, this returns better results than with a regular Yahoo search. For more information, see the technical document in the Support Knowledgebase describing the Reader 7.0.8 update.

When you upgrade to Reader 7.0.8, the previous user preferences from Reader 7.0.7 will be preserved.

More information available below.

Last edited:
Re: Adobe Reader v7.0.8 (Full)

Whats new, any idea?

Adobe hasn't updated the site yet... moving along slowly though. Original post edited.

Keep us posted on speed/feature changes.

I'll probably dl it when I get home.

I would guess mostly security related, but time will tell :)

Use the link in the above post for the full download. If all you require is the update then use this link (first post edited):

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3397

Change Log:

The Adobe Reader 7.0.8 update adds new functionality, fixes a number of bugs, and is more secure. Adobe recommends that all Adobe Reader 7.0.x users apply this update.

New features/improvements in Adobe Reader 7.0.8

You can now perform a Yahoo Contextual (Y!Q) web search directly on text selected from within a document. For longer phrases especially, this returns better results than with a regular Yahoo search. For more information, see the technical document in the Support Knowledgebase describing the Reader 7.0.8 update.

When you upgrade to Reader 7.0.8, the previous user preferences from Reader 7.0.7 will be preserved.

Pre-Req:

If you have version 7.0.7 installed, download and install the incremental patch.

If you have version 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.5, or an earlier version of Reader installed, we recommend that you download the full Adobe Reader 7.0.8 installer from the Reader download page.

Notes:

Windows NT users: Adobe Reader 7.0.8 updates will not work on Windows NT. However, a full installer for Windows NT is available from the Reader download page.

I have the Acrobat Pro, which I just had to re-install this morning. Will be interesting to see if it makes me download each freaken patch, as I can't exactly download the whole .exe from Adobe :p

There is no update for Acrobat yet. But when they issue one it will be a second download/install as the Adobe Reader update only updates Adobe Reader.

[edit]
Fixed wording to make more sense.

Last edited:

Joy.

I still have to download 7.0.5 and 7.0.7 seperately with a reboot between :dead:

Just got prompted for a 7.0.8 update for Professional

I don't know what it is, but ever since they released Adobe Reader 6.x it's been a resource hog and takes ages to load files. They've had to resort to adding an application that runs in the background to speed the thing up.

What junk have they actually added to this?

Not sure what you mean by resource hog - but it depends on how you are using it. If you use the default behavior, such as opening a PDF within a browser, that has been a known issue for years. Adobe has problems closing reliably even after you close the .PDF

The best thing to do is open Adobe, go to Edit, Preferences. Select Internet on the left column, and uncheck the box to Open PDF in browser or something like that. It may prompt you for a reboot to take effect, but that will let the PDF open within Adobe, not the browser, and it will actually close the application thus releasing your RAM in useage when done viewing a PDF.

The "Speed Launcher" which I believe it's called, is really not a big deal. Most every application that's worth it's salt installs something to your startup to speed up the launch time of the app. Even some versions of Microsoft Office does that, and have for years.

Original post updated.

Added information for Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional/Standard/3D.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back