Administrator ---> How do you LOG ON?

• Thread starter Cannibal Corpse
  • Start date
C

Cannibal Corpse

Hi All,

I have created a new "limited" account on my PC (for a friend who's staying with me for a while) and I need to change some of her settings, but Windows states that I need to log on as an administrator.

How can I log on to HER account as an Administrator?

Thanks in advance.

ok, as the administrator, you can access all accounts, but I notice in your avatar you are using xp home...you must be in safe mode to access the administrator in xp home...the administrator is a diiferant account then "an administrator"

No it is XP Pro, I don't know why my Avatar says HOME...

Running XP Pro you can download TweakUI and make it so you can access the Admin account from the logon screen.

As for the title under your avatar, you can change that by going to CP User (top of the page) then edit profile...Custom Title.

go to start... log on as a different user...and then type in administrator as the name.. and the admin pw which was created during installation.. and u should be able to log in or when u start up ur computer hit ctrl alt delete and u should be able to log in that way also

Change whos username to Administrator? I did it and it won't allow me to log on even to my own account...

At The Welcome Screen, Hold CTRL+ALT and hit DEL twice. As the username enter "Administrator" and the password is the one you set during installation. That will give you full admin access to everything

JJB6486

I know I have access to everything now, but how can I have access to HER account?

Surely I have to LOG ON as HER to be able to go to HER Control Panel and change HER Internet Connectivity...

Please correct me if I am wrong...

You can access all accounts by going to C:/Documents and Settings.

Yes, the only way to log on as her is to click her username and enter the password. If you dont know the password, use the procedure to gain "Administrator" and change it

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back