Administrative Update with Office SP-2

D

drdoug26

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to do an Administrative install of Office 2002 AND update the install point with SP-2???

I know how to make the admin install point w/ Office 2002 but I can't get it to integrate with the new SP-2.

I made a nice Office 2002 disk with SP-1 incorporated into it but I can't get it to work with SP-2. Must have a new file name or something.

Any Help or a link would be appreciated.

Here's a .txt file that has the tutorial I used to create the Admin install w/ SP-1 if that would help anyone.

Doug

P

Powerchordpunk

all I did was follow the office xp sp1 update guide but changed the two sp1a files to the new sp2a files for the run commands. I never installed sp1, and since sps are cumulative, all sp1 guides should be changed or deleted.

P

Powerchordpunk

You used that out of context. That is for the multilingual pack. I have never installed sp1. I have sp2 now with no problems.

E

eNuffSaid

It doesn't say its for the multilingual pack. I'd take a closer look at the text there. ;)

You may have SP2 running, but you may NOT have the fixes from SP1.

Regards,
Willem Moolenaar

P

Powerchordpunk

I suppose you're right. But I thought SPs are cumulative. So now what? Do I try sp1 after sp2 or uninstall office again and do 1 then 2?

E

eNuffSaid

I would say Service Packs are accumative, too. However, in *my* opinion, M$ clearly states you must have SP1 installed before you install SP2. Frankly, I'm confused too. If I were to do things "by the book" I'd install SP1 first; "cos it says so." ;)

Kind regards (and good wisdom in your discision) :)
Willem Moolenaar

P

Powerchordpunk

ok so i re-installed, doing sp1 and then sp2. I guess they aren't cumulative. I was mislead when it said sp2 contains all previous updates since sp1. A little confusing. Problem solved.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut