Administrative Tools for XP

Z

Zino

So, i had the tools for winxp and they worked fine until sp1 patch....after they stoped working for what ever reason.

My beef here is that i cant re-install the tools any longer...while tryig to install the tools, the installer gives me an error saying that the tools only work with an older version of windows...quite extrange but thats what it says.

Any how, my question is, does anyone have a link to the MS site where you can download the administrative tools for xp? I want to test and see if a re install will solve my problems.

thanks a lot for the help here.

First Windows XP Service Pack 1 is indeed a newer version than Windows XP. That means you can in many cases no longer use your original cd to replace installed files or add Windows components. Best way around it is to download the full service pack install and make a slipstreamed cd.
What do you mean by administrative tools are not working? Are the shortcuts still there in control panel? Sometimes they get lost after using registry cleaners. They can be restored manually. If the shortcuts are there and nothing happens, a wrong policy setting may be the reason. This can be corrected in the registry or as far as I know in Pro in GroupPolicy editor.

actually, i meant more like the Domain Administrative tools, such ad the active directory services, etc, etc, etc.

And the problems i am having right now, is that i think (for some very odd reason) is that they got uninstalled some how...All shorcuts are there fine, but the .exe files are gone.

I did a full search and couldnt find them at all. (i am not a cluless person, so i know i couldnt delete such files just cuz)

Any how..thanks for the help so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back