• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Administrative Password HELP!

ccblue9563

OSNN One Post Wonder
Is there anyway to just bypass or erase an administrative password or just get rid of the whole network part of the computer system. I am using an old work computer from a company I don't know and am just trying to install software and hardware and it won't let me. It's frustrating.

ejn74

Folding Master!
Political User
I think you would have less problems if you just reformated the harddrive and reloaded the operating system. Then you would be able to start fresh and have fewer problems with the computer. That is what I would do.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
ccblue9563 said:
how do i get it reformatted? do i have to have a copy of windows xp on disc to reload? i am so clueless.
Yea. You should then be able to do a clean install by booting from the cd.

ejn74

Folding Master!
Political User
ccblue9563 said:
how do i get it reformatted? do i have to have a copy of windows xp on disc to reload? i am so clueless.
You would need to get copy of what ever operating system you want to install.

Simply, the "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" boot floppy should work. [link] :)

other option of course would be to re-install the operating environment which you will need a retail copy of Windows to do, or a system restore disc if you have one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis