Admin rights

G

geexer

one thing that puzzles me about setting xp is admin rights.
if you install xp with say four users they are all given admin rights
and if you change all to local user you get a message saying
"at least one person must have admin rights"
even though you have supplied a password for Administrator during setup, this account dosent seem to count.
Also, you can't browse other users accounts even though you have Admin rights
so what i'm asking is
is running with Admin rights the same as logging on as the Administrator?

the account that winxp has u specify for a password is there but is just hidden.

i guess its suppost to be there as a backup if u screw up your other admin account but the thing i don't get is why have it hidden in the default login screen? the only real way you can access it is if you chose the win2k look of the login screen where it lets u input the name of the account

otherwise in the other format theres gotta be a certian command you do in startup at allows u to access that command.

having admin rights is the same as logging in as the administrator. its just that the administrator account just has that name

At the welcome screen just press ctrl+alt+delete two times that will revert back to win2k logon for 1 time only just enough for you to ogon as administrator.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back