Admin password workaround?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ronny69

Hi,
I wasn't sure where to post this so I put it in this part of the forum.
Does anyone know, or is there a program, which can tell me the computer administrator password on Windows XP? I know there is the program you can put on disk which resets the password, but I want to know the password without the computer admin knowing. I have a limited account on the machine and it sucks, you can't do anything. If there isn't a program, does anyone know of a workaround that you can use to get admin-like access?

Thanks everyone,

Ronny69

Ya, right.....

Dude, you have got to be kidding.....next your going to want to know how to crack somebody's IP, just so you can look around. Passwords and rights are set to keep people out that don't know what the hell they're doing, out so they don't screw up everything. If you know what you're doing, you won't need to post this question. I can't speak for everyone here, however this forum is pretty "professional" even though we may have fun and do some "goofy" things from time to time.
To the rest of the forum, sorry for the rant and preach'in, cause "if you aint "hack'in", you aint having fun......"

What? If I knew how to hack it, I wouldn't ask....... great except I don't know how to get around it thus I posted on here hoping someone would be nice and help me. God, I'm not going to go around deleting everything and messing the computer up. It is just so I can actually install games and have a little more control over what I can do on the computer. I have my own computer but I use the other one to play games on because it is more powerfull. I didn't expect to be flamed just because I asked for some help.
How are people meant to find out how to do these things in the first place then if people like you just tell them that they should work it out themselves.
I am not planning to do anything illegitimate, I just want to be able to change my account from limited to computer admin, and as I far as I can see, the only way I can do that is by knowing the admin password, logging on as the admin and changing my user account type.

Please, if anyone has some useful comments or suggestions, by all means, post them.

Thank you,

lol

Let me get this straight. Someone does not want you to have Admin rights and you want us to help you. Dude listen to yourself, look at where you are and what your asking. For all we know you could be at work or worst a beloved pepsi plant yikes. Sorry bub cant help ya.

Now you have a clue to why you have limited access... you can't be trusted.

All I want to do is to install games that I buy and play them. I would install them on my OWN PC but it is not as good as my dad's thus I don't want to have bought a game and then not be able to play it just because I am on a limited account.
Honestly, I can't believe you people think I am trying to do something evil. Give me a break, if being able to install games is wrong then I must have missed something.
By the way, I don't know if I can install games with a limited account, I have tried with Operation Flashpoint and it wouldn't let me. If my dad let's me install games then he'll have to make me an admin, can I not just install them with a limited account.

And please, don't flame me, I am not out to do bad things to my dad's computer. And no, I am not some 15 year old hacker who has no real understanding of right and wrong. Just because I refer to the computer as my dad's computer does not make me some little kid with no idea about computers.

Thank you,

well you have some growing up to do yet. If you really wanna know how then find out yourself. You obviously aren't trusted by your own father haha

Seriously, I thought this forum was pretty damn good. I mean for troubleshooting, it's one of the best. But now, my opinion of it has taken a turn for the worse. You have obviously got the wrong end of the stick. Maybe it's the way I am explaining myself. Oh well, maybe I'll go some other place next time I want some help. Thanks for the very useful comments.

No, but its annoying if he's not there (like this week he is away). I think I shall ask him to make me a power user. The other alternative is to upgrade my PC and install my games on that. But then again, I don't have a spare £400.

I know of a way to do it but i aint gonna tell u (aint sure it would work anyway!). As the guy above said get your da to install em for you. Or save your coppers and buy yourself a new computer.

You should definately talk your dad into installing for you. Let's suppose that you do find a work around and start installing things. You might wind up overwrighting a system file or worse you crash and kill the system. What will you do then? If your dad has you on limited access maybe it's because he has important files and such on the machine and dosen't want anything to happen to them. Yeah, you'll say "I'm not going to do anything to damage his files". But installs have a mind of ther own. :cool:

95% of all system crashes are due to installing some piece of crud software that hammers something. As gonaads points out, your dad probably uses HIS computer for things other then games and probably enjoys a certain amount of privacy by limiting access to other users. Ask him this - see if he'll let you put in another hard drive and dual boot the system. Then you can be the administrator on your own installation and install anything your heart desires. That's one option that isn't sneaky. You don't want to trifle with your dad's trust... life is hard enough without having to re-evalutate your closest relationships over (seemingly) trivial matters, like playing a video game. I think you ought to feel pleased that he's given you at least a limited account on a better system than the one you have instead of trying to figure out how to HACK it. You say you're not some little kid that doesn't have an understanding of what is being said to you... if that's the case, then you know darn good and well why people do create these accounts in a limited capacity and trying to justify it only makes you appear to be what you claim you're not.

Lonman couldnt have said it any better. People on this board are here to help and get help. You cant just get a temper because we wont give you a workaround to your Dads account.
ronny69 why dont you call your dad on the phone and see what can be done.

Lonman, words of wisdom were never spoken so well. But I'll bet you he still tries to F**K with it. :p

I see the image I have projected of myself is of some kid who wants to install lots of games and demos and won't know what to do if an installation goes wrong and the system won't boot or something. Well, that's not close to the truth. I am 17, I own my own PC, I'm the one who fixes it when it buggers up, I maintain it, I built it. I built my dad's computer aswell; I am not computer illiterate. Yes I agree, my dad made me a limited account for a reason etc. etc. and I don't planning on hacking into it just so I can install games - if it's too much bother, I am not going to sulk over it.

Sorry if anyone has been offended by my questions or comments, I can tell it is the general opinion of the people here that I shouldn't be so immature in the first place to ask the question (no sarcasm). Well yeah, you're probably right but it was worth a try. After all, you never get anywhere without experimenting.

I suppose I have been put in my place! :rolleyes:

I hope this is the end of this debate which has turned to be rather a more moral question than anything else.

Ronny69

Hey someone delete this guys post in a big hurry,

Totally against forums rules, READ THEM!!!!!!!!!

AND to regurgitate a four year old post at that. Can't believe this is your first post

Heeter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back