Admin I need to change my Nickname, can someone help?

D

DoubleClick

I need to change my nickname .... it seems the advertising company "DoubleClick" doesn't like my nick I guess. They sent me an email asking me to get a new web address(was http://surf.to/doubleclick) and to stop using the nick"Double Click". I guess the nick wasn't so much of a problem but the web address was. Anywho no biggie...and not the first time either.

So I want to change my nick to "PC-Dude". I already have a new address http://pc-dude.bravepages.com. So any mod here that can help? Thanks.

If I could delete the account, I would just register again but it seems that's not possible.

as far as the website, I can see their point, but the nick, I would tell them to kiss my #@$ :D

I'll tell waddy the next time I see him, tho I don't think they have any right to tell you to change your nick...

I hope they got some good cookies when they went to your site...

Yep, Waddy's the man for the job if ya want your nick changed as he changed mine too :)

They have asked me to discontinue using the web address which they say they have legal rights to tell me to do. However they asked me to stop using nick if I didn't mind and that I could still use the nick if I have too, but I want to change it, to make it the same as the one I use in other forums and newsgroups.

DAMN, what with all the popups??? Hope your only expecting people to visit you one time. Guess that's all you need when your out to make a buck, eh?!

Originally posted by Eolis
DAMN, what with all the popups??? Hope your only expecting people to visit you one time. Guess that's all you need when your out to make a buck, eh?!

What do you mean? I don't make any money from my site.

You shouldn't have to change anything.

It's unfounded and illogical. Your nickname is yours regardless of what corperation might try to force you into believing. As for your web address. #$#% 'em! There's no liable grounds for any lawsuit as long as your site isn't claiming to be the double-click company. You can't even claim the name double-click period because it's been printed as an action word in countless computer manuals since the early 90's.

DON'T CAVE MY FRIEND. THE FREEDOM IS YOURS TO BE AND KEEP WHAT YOU WANT!

I'm making one nick change and that's it lol. If I can't change it I'll get a new email and register again.

No need to make a big deal of it peeps :)

I don't even want to get into an argument with them, they asked me to change my address and I did.

Right now I have a new business in the works and I don't have time to argue with them nor do I need the hassel right now.

Your loss

Nothing personal, but I would have ignored them in the first place. Actions like this make companies and the like seem like unnessisary preditors.

Originally posted by DoubleClick

I don't even want to get into an argument with them
You want I should break their legs boss? Me and Vinny and Guido will take care of it. ;)

Originally posted by xsivforce
You want I should break their legs boss? Me and Vinny and Guido will take care of it. ;)

Yepp good idea lol

They said that I didn't have to change the nick just the address for my site. See I have some links and files on my site that they don't want people to even think they are related too in any way.

So the nick kinda went with the site so I decided to rid myself of it altogether and get a new nick altogether. Again they said I didn't have to change my nick but I decided to anyways.

Nevermind I created a new email and registered again. Waddy is probably quite busy and doesn't have time to change the old nick. Thanks.

Hmm, ,I did email him, but he has the exam to end all exams tomorrow, so hopefully he isn't reading his mail ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back