Adjusting BIOS Settings on Mobo

Teddy said:
We're getting there!! The CPU seems sorted (thank you all...so far!!!!)

Now, see the pics, how do i get my memory to operate at 400mhz? I lowered the timings (read somewhere else while googling) and it booted to Windows XP fine...but the memory is now too slow. MUYA - will go away and lower the Voltage now...oops.

Edit - MAYA - will go and try those memory timings you suggested...

Pic 1 - CPU
Pic 2 - Memory
Pic 3 - Mobo

lol.. if only you had said you had upped the vcore :D

woulda made life a lot easier :cool:

Do also check your DRAM:FSB Ratio. Seems you have 5:4 which means if you fsb is at 200mhz the ram will run at 250Mhz! which will burn your memory out. So set that to 1:1 if you are running 200Mhz and your memory is 200mhz capable.

With nForce 2 mobo running memory synchronous to the fsb has the highest performance gains as opposed to running the memory asyncronous with the fsb.

Am i doing a good job of getting my postage count up or what :D hehehehe

MUYA said:
Am i doing a good job of getting my postage count up or what :D hehehehe

yeah ya git :D

got a ways to catch up to me on your board though numbnuts :cool:

Duhh... Saz, I just joined u fanny. ANyways not always an active participant in forums, just to help out. U know that fartknocker!

My memory is:
"Corsair XMS 256Mb DDR 400MHz PC3200 Cas 2 - Low Latency Platinum"

two of em...if that helps.

the timings you can get should be 2-3-3-6 teddy... @ 400mhz...

On that mobo you will get better performance at something like 10-2-2-2- or 11-2-2-2 the Tras set to low on nforce duel channel boards has been covered mega times in all forums.. set your ram to 100% or 1:1 and it should be fine if you need to you could add a little voltage to the ram those sticks can handle 2.8 volts without a problem try stock vdimm first and if it is not stable add .1 and try again

My memory is at 2.7v at the mo and wont go any higher by the looks of things.

I tried the timings of 10 2 2 2 but xp wouldnt load. Im off to try 11 2 2 2 ...

Teddy said:
My memory is at 2.7v at the mo and wont go any higher by the looks of things.

I tried the timings of 10 2 2 2 but xp wouldnt load. Im off to try 11 2 2 2 ...

I need 2.8 vdimm and 1.825 vcore to reach 210 x 11.5 if thats any help and I use 2.5 cas try maybe just for a test 9 - 3 - 3 -3 at 2.8 vdimm and see what gives also dont be afraid to give a little vcore even if 1.65 is default some mobo's dont deliver the proper volts .. also in passing what do you have for a PSU 12v rails and 5v rails the AMPS is what I am looking for

The 10 or 11 tras should not affect windows loading but 2 cas is tight 2.5 you have a better chance I have used cas 3 and tested and there really is not much of a difference in performance but there is in stablilty depending on the ram in use and again the PSU is very important here

Oops...by the way, i did get this sorted! Many thanks to you all for your help! Much appreciated!

Info from AIDA32:
This Computer MSI K7N2 Delta-L (MS-6570G) nForce2-SPP 3036 MB/s

Yay :)

the ram
is working at 200 fsb
ddr
double data rate
200 * 2
equalz 400
memory is working at the right speed
isn't it????...
i think thas how it works

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back