Adding SD Ram

W

w6u6f

OK this might be a little long winded so stay with my.

I just bought 2 256MB RDRAM 600 MHZ Non-ECC chips. I presently have 2 64MB RDRAM 600 MHZ Non-ECC chips. I added them into my motherboard. My motherboard can handle this much, I called Dell and they said no problem as long as I buy my ram in pairs.

When I restart my computer with the new ram. I get a message at first saying that the computer recognizes that there is more memory. I pressed F2 and it recognized in my Bios that there was 640. I went back to the normal start-up. Windows XP tries to start up.. can't.. screen flickers... computer restarts... get a message

Now I can't exactly remember what the message is but, I will try to say what I remember. It gives me a blue screen. It says that it restarted because of one of a few reasons.
1) More memory
2) Power failure
Bla bla
and it will stay at this screen to avoid any corruption to my files.

Has anyone encountered a problem similar to this? I can provide more details if necessary.

Newman

Pop out the two 64MB modules and insert two continuity RIMMs in its place. See if it still does not boot.

Ya, I tried a bunch of different variations with the RIMMs, 64s, 256s. No luck, I think I might have to bring this one to the shop. Ah well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back