added RAM and now my sound quality has changed

G

georgejr

I added 512 MB DDR RAM and after installation my sound has changed somewhat. Things aren't as clear or as apparent as they were before in the songs. My settings have remained the same as far as I can tell...what can I do besides tweak my audio?

Need more info about your sound card (if you have one). What make, model, driver, etc. Any other changes? What did you have before?

this should do it!

this should do it, i had kinda the same problem after installing the audio driver updates. go to control panel then sound and audio devices on speaker settings click on advanced and chose the type of speakers that you have. i have two speakers and they were set to 5.1 surround sound after i installed the updates, hope thats ur problem
peace!

My speaker settings have not changed and my audio presets on Winamp are the same. The sound literally was different immediately after a simple RAM install. The bass is more prevelant and certain parts of the song are faded into the background moreso than before. I am running a SoundMAx soundcard that came with my system. Dell 1.7G, 100GB, 768MB DDR RAM.

take the ram back out and make sure you aren't imagining things. if you aren't after you do this the ram might not be entirly compatible with your system or it may not be anygood and you should take it back for another stick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back