Adblock PLUS & Deviantart

N

Not Bman

For quite some time now I have been having issues with Deviantart & Firefox (at least I thought it was Firefox). Basically the second page I click on, on any page on deviantart would not load anything.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i noticed this too, i will look about see if i can find any info that might help, also you could email or submit a but report on their page and get them to fix it for next release :D

edit: after checking my gallery and favourites pages (which would never load after page one) them all seem to be showing up now - although yours still don't - strangeness!!!!

edit2: http://adblockplus.org/en/faq_project#filterset.g

edit3: alot of people seem to suggest EasyList (by rick752)

Did you disable everything, that is the only way everything will work. I posted on there forums but they removed it, they have a solution (make sure server ain't blocked) if that don't work they don't care lol.

Maybe I will try just disabling Filterset.G Updater even though thats what does most of the work.

try the other list i posted about - see if that works

That does not matter, even with Filterset.G Updater disabled I can't get to most galleries.

not disabled, numbnuts - uninstall :) - i uninstalled filterset.g restarted firefox - went to DA, saw second page, installed that easylist filter, restarted firefox went back to DA - everything still works :)

Isn't disabling and uninstalling the same thing?

*it is, cause i just did and the same thing happens.

so even though you have uninstalled (and i assume restarted firefox) it's still not allowing you to view pages 2 of your gallery on DA ?

Strange as i couldn't see page 2 of any gallery, now after uninstalling filter.g i can see all

I can see my gallery now, but that is because I have it as an exception in Adblock Plus. Unistalling Filterset.G Updater didn't do anything except give me more ads lol

I have searched around and haven't found any answered to this. I would just make exceptions if they worked they way the should, have deviantart.com as all pages on there.

strange as its working fine here - remove filterset.g (from addons menu) restart firefox, add easy list.

Job done.

I can see my gallery now, but that is because I have it as an exception in Adblock Plus. Unistalling Filterset.G Updater didn't do anything except give me more ads lol

which is right as all filters have gone, what i would suggest is to clean out all temp files, and remove all cookies from firefox and try again with easylist

Did all that, removed, restarted, cleared private data, added EasyList. Same issue.

Are you using firefox 3.0+? cause i am.

Solution =

@@|ht_tp://*.deviantart.com/ as a filter (remove _)

That's odd, what version of Adblock are you using?

I'm using Firefox 3, Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5 + EasyList (USA), and I have never had a problem with Deviant Art.

I know there are different versions of Adblock Plus floating around. I no longer use the one that has the filterset.g addon.

Try this one https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

Well I don't know

Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5 + EasyList is what I am using now, plus many Stylish addon's as well. I had the problem untill I added that part as an exception. Maybe it depends on other things we aren't thinking off, because Carpo didn't seem to have too many problems either.

im using firefox 3 and 7.5.5 ad block plus with easylist and all is fine here now with DA, with filterset.g i was having issues, same happened under firfox 2

one thing i have noticed is that uninstalling filterset.g has improved the startup time of firefox

Yea Carpo, I have heard people saying that Filterset slows down firefox (i don't really notice anything) and a few things other too.

Lord, I believe you, I am pretty sure that is the program many people use but I find it stupid to use that or any program when you are running firefox, it's an extra thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back