adaware opologizes

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
well, xsivforce found the following post from lavasoft, and it desrvs our attention;

To all,
It has become apparent that many people are concerned with the lack of updates for Ad-aware 5.83. We acknowledge this and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The reasons for this are as follows:
1) The 5x engine is old and to keep ahead of our target base needs to be replaced. Are we saying it is bad or ineffective? No. But to effectively and safely remove many new targets and those older ones, which have changed/mutated, we would need to do a major upgrade of 5.83 and it’s reference file as well.
2) The 5x engine (in its current configuration) cannot handle many of the new targets correctly. As stated in #1, the entire Ad-aware executable would need to be rewritten.
3) We have been hard at work on that very upgrade, but where this is different is in WHAT we are upgrading to. As many of you already know, we are/were working on version 6. It is an entirely new application; more powerful, expandable, configurable, and to be quite honest, light years ahead of version 5.83. We decided that any further upgrades beyond 5.83 would be more of a waste of time than productive as the coding work for version 6 was already underway. We therefore decided to place all of our efforts into the new version.
4) As with any endeavor started from scratch, we ran into several delays and complications as proposed features didn’t work correctly or were not compatible with the new version. We apologize for the delays but they were unavoidable.

We are however notifying you (our customers and the general public) that we have entered into the late stages of beta testing. Except for some minor polishing and some last minute initial bug fixes, we are nearly done and should be ready to release Ad-aware 6 to our customers mid January 2003 and to our freeware users at the beginning of February 2003. Please be patient and we are confident that when you see what we have to offer you will understand AND appreciate the time taken to make it the best solution available!

Whew Thanks Dealer good stuff. Good to see a company not abandoning their customers.

Yeah, there is rumor going around that Lavasoft is abandoning Ad-aware all together. So, I looked and found the above post in the Lavasoft Forum.

Heh, deja vu

I've been watching the Lavasoft site for weeks now. The newest version was suppose to be out already, the begining of Dec if I'm not mistaken. Everyday, 2 sometimes 3 times a day I check that damn site to see if there are any updates so I can post news ... but, nothing :(

Originally posted by xsivforce
I think I may know one of the main people spreading it. :huh:

spamm it to us. xsiv...common, give, you know, dish...splill the beans

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Heh, deja vu

I've been watching the Lavasoft site for weeks now. The newest version was suppose to be out already, the begining of Dec if I'm not mistaken. Everyday, 2 sometimes 3 times a day I check that damn site to see if there are any updates so I can post news ... but, nothing :(

The release date is contained within the post. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back