Adaware jokes experiences

I work in the Tech Bay at Best Buy and one of the most common problems is spyware, so we remove it from customers' computers. This one had over 10,000 infections in the temporary internet files and system folders alone, then over 70,000 more infections in the system restore files... by the time the scan was over, it had around 87,000 infections. Of course when you tried to remove them, it froze the computer :-(

holy crap! thats alot...dont seem like the computer would run tho...

You're right, well kind of. When you would boot up, explorer would open but then everything but the mouse was froze, task manager would do almost nothing because when you tried ending processes they just came back (tons of extra processes running). We were trying to remove it in safe mode. Like I said, it just kept on freezing upon removal, so we ended up having to do a recovery with the CDs.

ahhhhhh...u should of put the hard drive on another computer as a slave then run ad-ware on it but have it scan that drive but since u got it fixed it really dont matter.

Eck said:
I work in the Tech Bay at Best Buy and one of the most common problems is spyware, so we remove it from customers' computers. This one had over 10,000 infections in the temporary internet files and system folders alone, then over 70,000 more infections in the system restore files... by the time the scan was over, it had around 87,000 infections. Of course when you tried to remove them, it froze the computer :-(
LOOOOL.... that's when you know you have to format the disk

themafia_69 said:
ive seen around 800+ but i love going on peoples pc's and using ad-aware to remove spyware, makes me feel fresh, just like taking a shower!
lol true that... i feel the same way too

I once ran Spysweeper after running Adaware and it found 300 more traces.

was removing spyware on a school computer and when i ran the uninstaller this is what it had to say, its too funny!

Attachments

• spyware- i can save your life.jpg
    spyware- i can save your life.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 107
and i thought finding a thousand ish on a mates pc was bad LOL

as for the " i got the printout stuck on the wall"

look outside at that bright yellow thing ;)

themafia_69 said:
was removing spyware on a school computer and when i ran the uninstaller this is what it had to say, its too funny!
i wonder what's gonna be left in that school next year last there was me an ru this year there is you, who's left for next year... i guess dave will take control, teach that oliver guy and the smart guy we had in physics a couple of things before the end of may we dont want dave running lose in that school uncontrolled :D:D

well first of all, i was always at the school, it wasnt only u and ru last year, and imo ru didnt do much, and second of all, both those kids are gone, lol so next year the school is goin now where with computers, the best they have is mr.barrett lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back