Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
thanx to polyglory for the news.

adaware 6 is out...the free version should be available in a couple of days

let's hope this company is back on track

good luck, lavasoft

Just a quick question - is this a "brand new version" - as in untested, like beta??

Any comments?

<yes dealer - same question;) ;) >

you are sadly correct, dy...there has been no beta...absolutely no one has tried this product to speak of it.

so yes, as we spoke of before, it looks like it's a beta...possibly alpha

Thanx dealer - just trying to remember the previous discussion!;)

I thnk I'll download it when it's available and wait until many trusted folks have tired it!;)

This is the final release, I am just waiting for my e-mail from them to download my copy of adaware plus. They are using a staggered e-mail system so I should get it within next 2 days. For the free version they say it will be availible in 7 days

dpr...we know it's the final release.

but there is not a soul that I know of that has beta'd this application...or even alpha'd the thing.

that's dy's point.

anyway, they are obviously inundated with requests, as they have turned their forum off.

interesting

coyote, formor administrator of the lavasoft forum has not recieved his notification for the download.

I have been a pro user for years also, and I have not gotten my notification either.

hoping this is just coincidence

ok, so I can get the plus version NOW if I pay for it ?

that's a great question!!!

If I didn't already have a pro license, I would invest the ten bucks just to get a look at this beta

well I decided to pay $30 ;)
Got the plus version here downloading now, 2 megs, I'll knock up a first look for you all

Tom Coyote has helped me with Adaware related probs a number of times, and I get the impression that those nice folk at Lavasoft have got him really pi**ed.
I would be quite surprised if he feels that he is able to devote quite as much time to them as before.
This is just conjecture, of course, and I haven't been to his site to ask him! ( After all he's helped thousand of folk like me who can't get their head around what is a relatively simple program to use!!:))
Oh, BTW, Hi to everyone:blink: ;)

EErrrrrmmm I've just tried to put a sig at the bottom of my post,
I modified it in the modify profile window etc. but it hasn't added my sig!! NTFS Moron is about right, then.:rolleyes:

ep...I just went through your post.

nice

it looks like lavasoft might be back on track with this release...great...I'm looking forward to my license, which I'm sure will be in my mail forthcoming

thanx for the heads up on the program

I amazed it actually found any spy-ware as I did a scan earlier with 5.x before going to work. Ho hum, guess the old reference file was under a little too much pressure to cope with these new strains of spy-ware.

O.K. EP Nice preview!:) Think I'm gonna wait till a few folk have tried it tho'! I always found that it was an effective proggie and like you I kinda get a buzz out of dispatching Doubleclick, Gator et al into the depths of oblivion!:happy:
Thanks for your advice about updating profiles. ( And needless to say you were right.:cool: )

I understand a new build is out already (160), fixing some of the issues with Ad Watch and XP that users have noticed.

Lavasoft are really going for it with updates at the moment, trying to win back ground after leaving us all with a five month old ref file i think.

Ive been impressed with AAW 6 so far, ive seen it in action on a test box that was overrun with paracites and it was able to detect and remove everything in good time.

I look forward to seeing more of the plugins for it!

I finally set all the options on it to-day and it found 73 beasties lurking in the background.Using adaware6 plus.

Would it be worthwhile upgrading to the Pro Version, me being an average user, they are offering a 50% discount to reg users for the next fortnight.

poly

I have always said that this company provides a great service, and for this reason alone, I think you should buy the pro

that said, the adwatch is nice...it's real time monitoring, which is good.

but, if you have a good cookie program )cookie wall is probably the best free co okie program), and if you have the other spyware programs that I posted a couple of days ago, then you will be protectied fine.

if you are short on the cash, jsutt use the free programs.

if you are not, then toss lavasoft some money so they can keep their great service alive

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back