Ad-Remover

desie

OSNN Senior Addict
Hello all.

My Mums work colleague has a computer at home and she wants an Ad blocker/remover for her computer cause she gets really annoyed by them apparently.

I'm looking for a great Ad-Remover that should be simple to Install but yet effective with minimal configuration.

The program must also be freeware with no rubbish spyware in it.

I personally use Mozilla to block pop-ups and Outpost firewall gets rid of the web page ad's for me. I just need a really good and easy to use program for my mums work colleague. Any ideas?

I used to use webwasher and that was really good but it aint free now :(.

I'm not asking for plugins and spyware removal lol. I'm looking for an app that removes webpage ad's and popups. When I meant spyware I was saying that the ad program must not have any adverts it self lol if it's freeware.

speaking of ad aware i got this of a customers system yester day, there account wouldent work so i tryed this when i got into the computer and i was amazed, LOOK AT PIC

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.JPG
    New Bitmap Image.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 106
I dont know about removing web page adds but for the pop ups FreeSurfer works great and has a little foot print on the system. I have not seen a pop up in forever thanks to it and it is a no brainer to install and set up. Just do a google search for it. And yes it is free!!

I dont know about removing web page adds but for the pop ups FreeSurfer works great and has a little foot print on the system. I have not seen a pop up in forever thanks to it and it is a no brainer to install and set up. Just do a google search for it. And yes it is free!!

Sound fun, any other suggestions?

canadian_divx said:
speaking of ad aware i got this of a customers system yester day, there account wouldent work so i tryed this when i got into the computer and i was amazed, LOOK AT PIC

That's insane.

I don't use it anymore, but I think a program called adshield should work for you. In conjuction with a modified hosts file.

canadian_divx said:

That is down right nuts dude. When was the last time they cleaned there pc out ?? If I saw that I would do a reformat stat. I can just imagine what else is in there lol

The four main progs to use are:
  • Ad-Aware
  • Hyjackthis
  • Spybot Search and Distroy
  • Pest patrol
You run those on a "frenquent" basis you should be fine. As far as blocking adds there are a lot of firewalls that do that. You could also use browsers like MyIe, Advant, and Mozilla to block them also.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back