Active topics

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
I know this was discussed before, but I'm gonna bring it up again anyways.

EP-

I know you got rid of the Active Topics button, mostly because people didn't like it to the right of User CP. Anyways, I would petition you to bring this button back, maybe it could replace "calander" or something. EIther that or make the new posts not time out. If you go to new posts and then get pulled away for a bit and come back, you lose all the new posts you were at. I'm done pleading.

I liked it also. Not where it was, but it was quite useful. Especially when all the "New Posts" are a couple of hours old and don't show up as "New" anymore. You could then use the "Active Topics" button and get all da posts of that day, or any other day. It was a cool feature. Me thinks. :)

I add my support to this petition.
laugh.gif

I thought he said he might add it to the Quick Links. Wouldn't be a bad idea since it would still be available without crowding the menu.

It would be good, especially since EP has the "New Posts" doubled up. It's a button on the bar at the top and also an item in the drop down of the "Quick Links" Hmmmmmm. :D

Now if he changed the "New Posts" button to "Active Topics", that would be ooooh soooo cooooool. :D

SPeedY, you really know how ta ruin a free lunch. :p

Or was it ruin a wet dream? :p

edit.gif
!!

If you want active topics, just bookmark this it's what I've always used, however new topics is better for seeing only new stuff.

gonaads: postcount++?
tongue.gif

And yes, it doesn't bother me either way. I've always had the getdaily link bookmarked, and that's what I use anyways. Just thought a link would be convenient as well.

SPeedY_B said:
edit.gif
!!

If you want active topics, just bookmark this it's what I've always used, however new topics is better for seeing only new stuff.

I don't need no steeeeeeenking bookmark. :p Yeah yeah old cliche. :D

Yeah yeah I use to use a bookmark, but a button is easier. It's rite there... I got use to da button.

Push da button, don't push da button... push da button...

Anywayzzz, Whatever...

Oh... but if it's cause I said ta change the button thingy. Weeeell, then the link in the drop-down menu of "Quick Links" could be changed and then ya can have da precious button as it tizz.

NetRyder said:
gonaads: postcount++?

Who, ME? Neeeeever:rolleyes: :cool:

Yup, as it was before. I have no objection to the active topics link(s) returning, however it would be pointless to remove or replace the new posts link. I'm sure by the time EP has recovered from his hang over tomorrow he'll take a look into it :)

dreamliner77 said:
EIther that or make the new posts not time out. If you go to new posts and then get pulled away for a bit and come back, you lose all the new posts you were at.
This would be godly :D I get pulled away ALOT when reading some of the posts on here with external links and also when IRC is hopin.

-edit- also to make myself the fool I never noticed the "calendar" before that I remember and just clicked it for the 1st time :p

active posts is about the only link i use on forums. annoys the heck out of me when this is obscure or nonexistant. i use getdaily in my startup group of sites but i cant refresh that link like other sites cause its redirected to a temporary url. so short of reloading all 15 sites in my grouping i have to resort to the new posts link

SPeedY_B said:
Yup, as it was before. I have no objection to the active topics link(s) returning, however it would be pointless to remove or replace the new posts link. I'm sure by the time EP has recovered from his hang over tomorrow he'll take a look into it :)

Ya see, my comment was not to remove the "New Posts" link. I was stating that it is redundant, as in two (2) spots. Have the "Active Topics" link take one of them. If everyone wants to "New Posts" link as a button then have the "Active Topics" as a link in the drop-down menu of the "Quick Links".

That's what me is saying. :)

I use that New Posts button... :p
We don't need a drop down for new posts :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back