active sinc causes bsod

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
ya, I never get bsod's, but since I updated active sinc, when I go into hibernate without properly disconnecting my pocket pc I get a bsod when I come out of hibernate

nothing to do really but properly remove remove the usb, but I am pretty surprised a Microsoft piece of hardware and software is incompatible with hibernate

What is the specific error on the BSOD screen?

EDIT: Found this guide which may be useful - http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/activesync/tshoot-as4x.htm

Looks like Activesync requires an internet connection, so it could be possible your NIC is not waking correctly from hibernation. Try disabling the ability for the system to turn off power to your NIC

Have you tried inactive synch?

:cool:

I keed, I keed !! :D

I wonder if there could be a driver that doesn't cooperate well with hibernation mode... Seems a likely cause for some of these BSOD's, but hmm...

What makes it worse though, is depending on how quickly one's comp is set to go into hibernation, one could just go to the bathroom, come back, and then be like "uh oh" :eek: Not sure about you, but I probably wouldn't think of disconnecting a divice, when nature calls and I got to run :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back