Active Directory logins

M

moooo

in active directory,
i have a login file that allows everyone to go to personal folder

net use H: \\server-24e74958\Home$\%username%

is the current login line , i was wondering if i added a main folder ( E:\Home\local ) on the drive how would i go about letting a user see it and their other folder also.

I tried:

net use H: \\server-24e74958\Home$\%username%
net use I: \\server-24e74958\Home$\local

, but that did not work. any input would be great.

-mooo-

P.S.: sorry about last post in the wrong section, and this one i am not exactly sure on where it goes :(

OK is \\server-24e74958\Home$\local a shared folder that all users will have access to? Make sure that share permissions are set properly (ie. the user logging in has rights to read that directory).

JJB

moooo, why do you use a login script to direct the users to there home directory instead of the built in option on the profile tab of the users properties?

What is the problem when trying to map that drive? Is it a Access Denied message or do you get nothing back?

If you get a access denied message back, as JJB said check the permissions.

The best way to set the permissions for shares would be everyone F/C on the share access control list then tie it down to groups using the NTFS permissions. Add Domain Users in for R/O access so that all users can read the directory or R/W if you don't care what users have the ability to read and write to the directory.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back