Active Desktop Tutorial

I will see if I can perfect it some way to make it work better. Sign up for My Yahoo!, that one works great =)

Yahoo works much better, but the name and password still isn't resetting itself

On a side note, any way of printing from the notepad on active desktop?

gosh darn, you're killing me here.
I'll look into both =)

this is about it now :)
that is if/until mr madmatt releases the tutorial to display the MSN contacts on the desktop. ;)

Looks good Eleanor very clean :happy:

/me knows how to get msn on the desktop :p *hides*

Yeah, please do it :)
/me begs on his knees.

BTW. Great job on the tutorial madmatt!

they way i get MSN on desktop not to hard, if no one else releases a tutorial i will. probably, i dont know i am one lazy SOB. but i will see what i can do :)

i remember that there used to be a guide detailing how to get messenger on the desktop, but it seems to be gone now. ah well, i don't use messenger anyways :)

I'll get to it soon.
I will probably release it with v3 of the tutorial.

For those who want it... here is a slashdot active desktop for ya!! my friend made it for me but i thought i would chare it =)

Code:
<html>

<head>
<title>Slashdot News</title>
</head>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff">
 <font face="Dungeon">Slashdot.org News</font><br>
 <iframe src="http://www.mentalfrequency.com/slashdot/slash.php"
width=247 height=338 noresize name="I1"></iframe>

</body>

</html>

[edit.madmatt]had to insert an enter, the code over ran and was ruining the structure of the table/page format.[/edit]

Printing from desktop notepad

djwhite: You can create an application link, next to the 'save' button / link which calls this application:-

notepad /p d:\qnotes.txt

This runs Notepad and prints the given file. Pretty simple and it works.
mP

isn't that just a nifty idea.
why didn't I think of that.

goodness, goodness.
this may make one or two of you jealous.

http://www.madmatt.org/ss11-29-02.jpg

what's new?
- new font
- new coolmon layout
- wmp controls, html, works without wmp process running.
- new commands: RUN, find files, some others.
- a few other tweaks/changes.

just added (not pictured): show desktop and show open programs.

WMP controls will be released as soon as testing and tweaking is completed. The RUN, find files, and those other commands will be released with the next version of my tutorial, which will be soon.

Enjoy.

i just tried the tutorial... don't know if it was mentioned yet, but if you set the path (enviremental settings) to a shortcut folder, you don't have to save the shortcuts and vbs scripts in windows, but can select that folder you defined... so its easier to have the shortcuts and so on saved in the same directory as all your other active desktop elements... as said befor, i did't read all the posts in this thread so excuse me for double-posting/mentioning it...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back