or you can use the word
i.e.
bgcolor="Red"
bgcolor="Blue"
bgcolor="Black"
bgcolor="White"
etc.

Madmatt, dude, you rock !
Always thought active desktop was for the big boys.
Thanks a lot the help and all the patience that u had.

not a problem, that's what I am here for. active desktop is a lot of fun, and with a following maybe we can take it places.

anyway, I've released a new screen shot of my own desktop. and here it is...
madmatt_dtop v6, the next chapter

IIS PHP MySql

MadMatt:

I am currently running an IIS webserver with PHP and MySql enabled. I also could not get the MadMatt.Xperience scripts to work. I tried it on Apache with PHP on a Win XP Pro box and I got the same results.

The script loads, parses the document, and displays the headlines, but it also displays these notices like crazy...

I am a newb in Php, but I will try to fumble around and attempt to come up with a solution. I really like the idea of the Xperience headlines on my desktop.

Notice: Undefined index: RDF:RDF in e:\inetpub\wwwroot\madmatt_tutorial\news.php on line 60

Notice: Undefined index: DESCRIPTION in e:\inetpub\wwwroot\madmatt_tutorial\news.php on line 60

Notice: Undefined index: DESCRIPTION in e:\inetpub\wwwroot\madmatt_tutorial\news.php on line 72

Notice: Undefined index: IMAGE in e:\inetpub\wwwroot\madmatt_tutorial\news.php on line 60

Notice: Undefined index: URL in e:\inetpub\wwwroot\madmatt_tutorial\news.php on line 60

Notice: Undefined index: URL in e:\inetpub\wwwroot\madmatt_tutorial\news.php on line 72

etc...

Leo
Thank you.

LazyJames
Yes, it is coded in DHTML and JavaScript. Thanks.

albybum
Yes, I am aware of the errors. I am not quite sure why these errors occur. It appears to me that the PHP version for Windows works differently. I am looking into it.

MADMATT.xperience bug
This bug was found by speedy.
When setting the variable $defaultnews to '6' you will receive an error.
This bug has been fixed and a new version will be released some time tomorrow.
Also, look for speedy's tutorial on another method to get MADMATT.xperience working from your hard drive.

I've posted the Apache/PHP tutorial here for all to use.
Hopefully this will allow more people to use MADMATT.xperience and other more advanced features of active desktop.
:)

Thanks alot Speedy_B you too madmatt, you guys should be looking out for LazyJames Dtop V2.1, its on the way. Thanks again, you guys rock.

still work in progress, got to move everything around and such. :)

PIC MOVED TOLATER POST :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back