Active Desktop Tutorial

MAJOR NEWS

MADMATT.xperience v2.1.0010 has been released.

[edit]links removed. see newer posts.[/edit]

MADMATT.xperience brings XP-erience.org right to your desktop (through the use of active desktop) allowing you to view the latest headlines and forum posts. You can easily choose which news you want to view and even search the forum.

You MUST have access to a web host with PHP installed or have IIS/PHP installed on your PC.

Enjoy.

hey madmatt great job with the new PHP tut, just got one questiom for ya. any idea why this is happenning?

try changing the include() paths to include the exact path.

i.e. include('e:\\inetput\\...\\forum.php');

I believe you will have to use double slashes.

tried that, no luck, oh well i will figure it out ( Hopefulyy :) ) thanks for your help madmatt, if you have anymore ideas let me know, thanks.

wow, MADMATT.xperience v2.1.0010 looks really sweet matt....i'm definatly considering using it, after i figure out my notes problem, then figure out how to use MADMATT.xperience of course.

Posted by LazyJames
tried that, no luck, oh well i will figure it out ( Hopefulyy :) ) thanks for your help madmatt, if you have anymore ideas let me know, thanks.

Try running it from a server/web host with PHP installed. See if you get the same result.

Piett, do you have the latest MS virtual machine installed? It has to be something with your PC's ability to parse JavaScript. And thank you for the comments on MADMATT.xperience. Hope to see someone using it soon.

well i am working on it madmatt, i would love to be using it. :) i am running IIS on my computer with php installed,i also have my sql installed but that is for another project i am working on. I am looking for an external host, to see if the Madmatt.xperience works from there i will let you know if it works, thx again for the help.

well, the only reason I say that is because I know the Windows version of PHP is far different from the NIX/BSD version, I had a hard time trying to get certain functions working when I installed IIS/PHP so I removed it.. Let me know.

Re: MAJOR NEWS

Posted by madmatt
MADMATT.xperience v2.1.0010 has been released.

You MUST have access to a web host with PHP installed or have IIS/PHP installed on your PC.

Enjoy.

For the technically disadvantaged, how does one install IIS/PHP to Win XP ?

I will let LazyJames field that question, since it's been quite a few months since I last tried..

You don't have access to a web host/server with PHP installed?

no i dont have access to a PHP server, thats why i had to install IIS, i was hoping that would work but.......
anyway daveza i hope you have your windows Xp cd, ok go to add/remove programs click onthe add/remove windows components, scroll down till you see Internet Information services, click the check box there and then click next and follow the instructions, you then have IIS installed. to put files in your IIS server you will have to find a folder called wwwroot, dotn remember right off hand where dats at but, your files will go in there, hope that helps

Thanks for the speedy reply - gotta luv the net for finding quick solutions !

I knew how to install IIS - don't know enough about PHP yet though, so presume installing as instructed will do the PHP thing as well - off to give it a try.

Posted by NeX
hey how do you make transparent backgrounds for the dhtml menu?
like how purplesmurf did his ?

don't specify a background color

i also tried it with iis and downloaded and installed the php installer version... but i get the same errors... tried to modify the $fileurl a bit, but still no luck....

Has anyone gotten this to work? Under IIS or by any other means?

I'm not following why IIS/PHP can't see that those variables are set in the xperience.php file. When I have some spare time I will install IIS on my test machine to see if I can debug these problems.

In the mean time, I must apologize for it not working. Right now I can only guarantee functionallity under NIX/BSD based installs of PHP.

The online demo works perfectly, now I really want to know if anyone has been able to duplicate a positive outcome. Let me know.

hmm latest MS VirtualMachine....that could be it. can i get that off of the MS site, or do i have to get it from somewhere else?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back