Active Desktop Slow Load Time

A

Alvy

It takes over 1 hour for my desktop to fully load, rendering my system useless during that hour as all the applications that load on startup take a horribly long time.

I'm guessing its because Active Desktop waits for Apache to load before it'll display?

The strange thing is, during this hour, the cpu led HARDLY blinks. so every 30 secs or so it blinks a little.

Anyone able to provide a fix? Or some answers? Thanks =)

Are you sure it's Apache that is causing the problem, it could slow the system down a bit, but I wouldn't think an hour. I had no problems when I was using Apache. Have you checked the event log after startup?

Originally posted by djwhite
Are you sure it's Apache that is causing the problem, it could slow the system down a bit, but I wouldn't think an hour. I had no problems when I was using Apache. Have you checked the event log after startup?

Hmm thanks for the help,
Here are a few noticable errors.

The server {BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
The PHPGeekUtil service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.
The Service Security Manager service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Hmm I have already uninstalled PHPGeek so I guess it shouldn't be there.. I've disabled it at services... (btw, how do I delete it off my services list?)
How do I fix the other 2 startup errors =) Any ideas?
Thanks

Originally posted by inso
Get a new computer, it fixes everything. :)

inso if you can't say anything useful, don't say it. geez

seriously grow up, is that even meant to be funny?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back