Active desktop problem

djwhite

OSNN Senior Addict
I just reinstalled windows, and I'm try to set my active desktop up again, but I ran into a problem. It wont let me. I clicked on the Customize Desktop button in Display properties, but there's no Web tab. What the hell is wrong? :confused:

Lol very odd, I have no idea why...

Tried searching Microsoft KB?

Skazz

Tried, didn't find anything. I really I hope I don't have to reinstall again! I'll try a repear install later tonight if nobody knows a solution.

Its odd, you know in your user profile you have a picture, well i choose a picture but it never shows up, i have done win xp installation hundreds of times on other peoples systems and they all get a picture, i have re-installed xp bout 4 times on this machine and i never get a picture :(

Skazz

Same with me, the picture is there the first time but it usually gives me the flower or some crap, so I change it to one of the other pictures and it disappears, everytime!

Could the picture problem have something to do with the legality of the version of windows?

Fixed my problem, I installed TweakUI and there was an option to allow web content on the desktop, and the little box was unchecked. Not sure why, but who cares! Active desktop is back, woohoo.... ahem

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back