Active Desktop Newbie!!!

shaunj66

H.T.I.D!
Right, I'm trying to make a sweet active desktop.
I have a few quesitons... maybe some of you nice people can help! :) I'm following madmatts tutorial <-- friggin' excellent! :D
Questions...

How do I create a link to an actual dial up connection, for example when I click it, it brings up the dial up dialogue? It doesn't work with a normal shortcut because the shortcuts that windows makes to the connection isn't a direct path. It's a long string of text/numbers! :eek:

How do put the temperatures on the desktop? I guess you use samuarize... whatever. Things like that... is there anything else that takes up less system resources that will tell me the CPU temperature, oh and hdds space left/used?

How do I have a small 'notepad' type feature that has the button save to save it as a txt, can it bring up a save as dialogue?

That's all for now. ;) I'll probably be back! :happy:

Thanks to all of you in advance!

I wanted to try and do some to this tonight! Any ideas? Sorry for bumping... :p

the tutorial has the notepad bit in it, not sure about the dial up shortcut as i have cable

:( any other ideas anyone? i really need to know how to do the Dial up connection link.
And is there anyway I can implement a feature to tell me the speed i am connected at and the time i have been connected? :(

the dial-up connection-madmatt is still working on that

as for cpu temp,hdd space, connection stats etc, its all done using coolmon- u can find information on how to do it on the coolmon site and forums

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back