Active Desktop Help Plz

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
Hello,

I have just set up an active desktop and i have a few questions to ask you which could help me with my desktop. I would be appreciated for any of your help. Thank you in advance :)

1. I have made the background image of my active desktop script the same as what my desktop wallpaper is but it is not in line.. how can i correct this? The backgrounds for the active desktop script only pictures the top left hand corner of the wallpaper image

2. Could someone please post me a script so that i can have dropdown menus on my desktop (if possible pleasseee :) ) and be able to give me a quick guide on how to set it up

3. Any other helpful scripts (ive looked on the Matt Active Desktop Tutorial) I could use.. Is there a way it can show my uptime and the amount of free ram and diskspace on an active desktop script?

Thank you for your time and help

Sincerly Alex :cool:

1. It would be pretty much impossible to line up those images, and not worth the trouble anyway. Just make the background transparent. I'm not sure how this problem is even occuring unless you have your script as a different html file, in this case just put it in the same file as your active desktop and it will just have the same background.

2. Most people put a lot of time into creating these and even if they posted their scripts you'd have to modify it for your own display, paths, theme, etc. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I'm doubting that anybody is going to give you this.

3. You can't get your cpu usage, etc on an active desktop script. You can however just use Coolmon or Samurize for these. Here is a picture of my desktop, I'm using Samurize for the stats.

Other than that good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back