Active Desktop files background transparent???

B

bgmagic

Hi, I have a question about displaying web pages on the desktop. I've attached a pic to show what I mean. I have 3 different html files on the desktop. The only way I can see that you can have these displayed without seeing the black background of the html file is to set your desktop color as black with no picture ro just something in the center. I've changed the desktop picture to show what I mean by the black around all of the webpages. I would like to know if it is possible to make the black part of the webpage transparent so that the background shows through. Also I noticed that when I have active desktop on the icons text background can no longer be transparent. Does anyone know the way around these 2 problems??? Thanks

HTML files cannot be made to be transparent, you would have to include the background as part of the HTML and make them all one file, using tables or div tags to make it work.

What about the transparent icon backgrounds? Is there a way to fix that?

Try changing the color behind your wall.

Right click desktop
Properties
Desktop
Color

Make it match the background color of your HTML file.

that's a pretty cool desktop m8!!!

why don't you try one of those icon editors, most of them have trial versions!! ;-)

:)

cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back