Active Dekstop Cookies

albybum

Penguin Rancher
I have an html page embedded into my active desktop. It is setup to login to hotmail. It uses a form and javascript. Hotmail checks for a cookie located on my system. If I open this page in Internet Explorer, the page works fine, but if it is an Active Desktop element the page just displays "You must have cookies enabled to view this page." I have added passport's site to my "Always Accept" category and lowered security settings for cookies, but nothing seems to work.

To test if my page was working, I actually embedded Hotmail's page source and it does the same thing, but if I save their source locally and open with Internet Explorer, it works fine.

Any Ideas?

well, you should make your login open IE, that would work best. You don't want the actual page to be displayed to your desktop, that wouldn't look so hot.

Well, i have the button to open the page in a new window onClick. It loads in a blank IE window, but it still gives me the Cookies Disabled error.

Code:
<form name="form" method="post" target="_new">
</form>

use target, much better and easier.
however, I know what you mean about the cookies. for some odd reason Microsoft is very picking about the cookies. you could try the method I wrote up, I was able to make it open the browser without a cookie error, you just have to input the password again because Microsoft sees that the login attempt is coming from an outside source, and they don't like that either.

Thanks.

I am going to keep messing around and maybe do a little research. If I can bypass, manipulate, or even emulate MS's Cookie Handling, I will post a solution. Its just driving me nuts. It can't be too terribly hard to get past, I am just overlooking something.

good luck, I got My Yahoo! login working just fine =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back