Activating Windows Corp

G

geoffwm

Hi,
When I try to “activate windows” using %systemroot%\system32\oobe/msoobe /a the activate dialogue screen is displayed but it is blank of information, the only thing present if the blue screen and the embossed keys in the bottom right corner. Am I missing some required files?
Thanks for any help guys.

Windows Activation

Heya,

Don't know if this helps...but I just tried it using
%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a and it worked for me...I see that you are missing the .exe ...that could be the problem.

Good luck!
Blyx:D

Re: Windows Activation

Originally posted by Blyx
Heya,

Don't know if this helps...but I just tried it using
%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a and it worked for me...I see that you are missing the .exe ...that could be the problem.

Good luck!
Blyx:D

Thanks, but adding the *.exe gives the same blank screen.

Originally posted by geoffwm
Hi,
When I try to “activate windows” using %systemroot%\system32\oobe/msoobe /a the activate dialogue screen is displayed but it is blank of information, the only thing present if the blue screen and the embossed keys in the bottom right corner. Am I missing some required files?
Thanks for any help guys.

I dont know if this will help but try changing the "/" after oobe to "\".

Problem resolved

I resolved this issue by doing a “repair”

(1) Reboot your system. Go into the BIOS and set it to
boot from the CD first.
(2) Put your XP CD in the drive and reboot.
(3) When asked, press any key to boot from CD.
(4) Allow setup to start.
(5) At the next screen, don't get confused. The option "to
repair a Windows XP installation using recovery
console" is not what you want. Instead,
choose "Setup Windows XP now."
(6) Next screen, press F8 to accept license.
(7) Critical step: on next screen, press R to do a repair.
Don't choose anything else on this screen!!!
(8) XP will appear to be installing from scratch, let it run
its course. Provide your key when asked. When this
process is finished, your Win_XP will be "repaired"
and the new key will be in place. Just download the
Windows Updates you need again, as these will have
been removed.

Windows XP Corp has no activation. Only Home and Pro have activation.

My Win Corp now has activation screen

My activation screen, since doing the "Repair" is showing up normally. The new key was accepted and a new ID written.

My Win XP Corp edition certianly now has an operating activation dialogue screen.

If it's Windows XP Corp, there is no activation in it. DevilsOwn (or whoever) used Windows XP Pro with some modifications in it to skip activation.

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/basics/activation/mpavlfaq.asp

It is possible to bring up a Windows XP Activation screen in Windows XP Corp because the files are still there. But if you chose to activate it, it would always activate.

Originally posted by Reg
If it's Windows XP Corp, there is no activation in it. DevilsOwn (or whoever) used Windows XP Pro with some modifications in it to skip activation.

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/basics/activation/mpavlfaq.asp

It is possible to bring up a Windows XP Activation screen in Windows XP Corp because the files are still there. But if you chose to activate it, it would always activate.
They're not trying to activate it, they're trying to change the product key.

what's the difference between WinXP Pro and WinXP Corp?

xp corp. is xp pro but for an office so instead of having to activate a bunch of pc they just use a corp. keycode that tells the sys. that it is okay and to run normal. were as home or regular pro addition you have to activate the account to get it rolling correctly

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back