Actionscript - level0 disable

mav88

OSNN Addict
Hey, im currently doin a web site portfolio and i have a movie that runs through and then stops and has some buttons to access different areas of the site. When a button is clicked on the base movie at level 0 a new movie swf opens like a pop up over the menu system at level 1. This all works great, but the buttons at level 0 are all still active and this carnt be for obvious reasons. Iv tried loads of stuff (basic stuff no doubt) and tried an array system which i found in a book, but coz theres loads of embedded movies i dont know how to call them through. So all i want to be able to do is have level 0 dissabled, and then re-enabled when i close the pop up window.

Any help plzzzz

Thanking you

Update

ok, iv actually done this method now, it all works fine like this =

opens up the pop up and hides the buttons_mc which houses all 8 menu buttons at _level0 -

loadMovieNum("cgimenu.swf", 1);
this._parent._visible = false;

Then on the pop up when u click the back button to go to the menu system -

on(release) {
unloadmovienum(1);
setProperty("_root.Innerbox.BlackBox1_mc.buttons_mc", _visible, true);
}

This unloads the movie at _level1 and the _level0 re-emerges = great!
Now here i need it to re-enable the menu system called "buttons_mc", but how do i call this

from another swf file that has just closed at _level1! if i could put -

setProperty("index.swf","_root.Innerbox.BlackBox1_mc.buttons_mc", _visible, true);

then that would be great, but i get an error coz thats not possible!

Any ideas this is doin my head in, oh and p.s im fairly basic at this sort of thing hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back