acoustic management disable on hdd

X

XP Abuser

i run the performance tune-up wizard on sisoftware sandra and it says i have acoustic management mode enabled on my hard disk im assuming to control the noise it makes
it says i have it enabled and that performance is impaired obviously i want best performance so can someone tell me how to disable it im looking on the seagate website now and i posted it here to see if anyone knew.

hard disks are:
seagate 5400rpm st304810a
seagate 7200rpm st360021a

http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/manuals/ata/100129212b.pdf

go to page 42. it shows 2 options: "performance seek" and "quiet acoustic seek".

but, as to how to change this value, i haven't the slightest idea. i looked and looked on seagate's site and can't find anything. you can try downloading their seatools program and see if that gives you any control.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back