accurate cpu monitor

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
i am gunna start a bit of overclocking.

what is the best app to monitor the cpu's temperature, fsb and all the rest of it.. most accurate of course and easiest to read.

i know i can do it from the BIOS but its a headache nneeding to restart all the time

System Manufacturer: VIA Technologies, Inc.
System Model: VT8367-8235

thanx

Try Everest.

Use to be aida32. Still freeware. Has a nice feature for seeing how far you have overclocked along with temps in the sensor section.

I'd also recommend Motherboard Monitor if it works with your setup. Used to give me the most accurate temps on my old desktop at home.

thanx, that everest works fine.. this is some of the results i found.

Motherboard 35 °C (95 °F)
CPU 42 °C (108 °F)
Aux 44 °C (111 °F)
MAXTOR 4K040H2 30 °C (86 °F)
ExcelStor Technology J360/a 15 °C (59 °F)
ExcelStor Technology J360/b 39 °C (102 °F)

CPU Core 1.62 V
+2.5 V 2.54 V
+3.3 V 3.22 V
+5 V 4.92 V
+12 V 12.54 V
VBAT Battery 3.65 V

are these pretty good or bad? i guess i need better cooling

you don't need better cooling thats pretty good. my laptops cpu temps are around 60c

42 on the cpu is ok. figuer it goes up 5 deg C under heavy loading (like cpu benchmark or gaming). Thatputs you at 47 max so you have another 5 degrees to over clock it. Keep it under 55 max.

I run sisoft sandra (its freeware) burn in for the cpu after I up the clock speed and monitor the temps. It takes about 5 passes of the burn in module to stabilize.

If all goes well in burn in I start playing my favorite games. Nothing like gaming to stress and overclcoked system.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back