accidentally deleted some files

W

wassup_ken

i was copying a file into another directory, and it asked me to delete something, i thought i was deleting the copy, but i deleted like half of my directory, anything i can do to get it back? System restore says "Restoration Incomplete" and undelete programs don't work either =(

long as you didn't shred them, which you didn't, you can recover them, need a program to do it...don't defrag, or scandisc till you get back what you need

Get a program like Lost and Found. That should be able to get them back as long as nothing has been written over them.

yea, try not to do much on your box til;l you get back what you lost

If you have another drive in your system download EasyRecovery into it... And run it on the drive you lost info... Becaful 'cause everything you do with the computer has the potential to overwrite what you deleted...

If you need the pro version Pm me...

Sorry I missed the "undelete programs don't work either =("...

No, there is a much easier way. If you are using Windows XP and I think you are from the info under your user name, then just use XP's System Restore.

>start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

Just follow the easy step by step instructions. It's easy.

i got easyrecovery, trying it right now, i'll let u know if it works, thanks for all the help =)

damn, didn't work for some files, i moved some of the files from another directory so i got those, but some just don't appear =(

damn, the .rar and .zip files weren't readable!! anybody know of a prog that makes the .rar and .zip and .mpg files actually readable? they won't open properly =(

Why don't you just use System Restore?

It will revert your computer back to the way it was before you deleted all those files.

he's allready ..tried restore...no good, try doing the same recovery with a differant program

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back