Access to C: in Longhorn

L

Luna64

I am using build 4008 of Longhorn Alpha, and I noticed while trying to install NAV 2003, that it was unable to access one of my system files.

I then went to look at the C: drive and realized that Longhorn would not let me view anything inside my C: drive.

Is this normal ?

It says it's for my own good, but thats a load of crap.

Any way around this ....

if you want a stable os you dont want longhorn yet. its more justpissing about on ATM so i cant help you:) soz

I have it running along with XP, because I love to test stuff like this.

It's just that I have never seen windows get so pissy about something this silly.

I mean I would think the admin would have access to it. Sheesh.

yah shoulda just put it on another partition or another computer u don't care about to F around with. since no one knows anything about longhorn yet or how to fix anything that goes wrong with it u prolly won't get any help here and u will make the mods mad (I think)

Originally posted by Luna64
I have it running along with XP, because I love to test stuff like this.

It's just that I have never seen windows get so pissy about something this silly.

I mean I would think the admin would have access to it. Sheesh.

Serves you right for stealing software,, Your screwed.:p

hey guys... he's saying he can't access c: from longhorn... he can still access it from xp... i'm assuming this 'cause he never mentioned ne problems from xp, just that he was dual booting (ie running along with xp)

luna - to get your access back to c: you could try going to the security options, then advanced, then click on the tab that says owner, then select yourself... if your user is an admin then that should work to get your access back to c:... i've used this once when i accidently took away my rights to my download folder and couldn't access my downloaded stuff... i was a little worried for a bit but then after messing around for a bit i figured out that since i was an admin i could take back ownership of the directory and get my access back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back