Access Denied?!

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political Access
Hi everyone :)
Finally got vista up and running (after adding another GB of RAM :suprised: ) and the overall impression (after some tweaking) is quite good.

The only thing that realy bothers me is the fact that I can't seem to get access to ""system" files and folders.
That includes the "Start Menu"" folder and other parts which I DEMAND access to (am I being too aggressive? :p )

My user is set to adminstrator and I've dissabled all the warning thingamabobs that vista bothers you with.

Anyone knows how to enable access to all folders and files?

Last edited:
Hey Benny,

what do you mean by access?
Should have no problems deleteing or tidying up the start menu, have done it on mine.

Hey Benny! Did you (temporarily) disable UAC? UAC will deny you access to certain folders, but you should be able to click through.

Thanks for the quick answer guys :)
I'll be more specific:

I've unchecked "Hide Protected OS files" in View->Folder Options
and then tried accesing C:\User\MyUser\Start Menu and got the error (Snapshot attached, made using the nifty "snipping tool")

For Matt, I've tried re-enabling UAC and I still get the same error.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 110
Did you "upgrade" or perform a clean install?

You could try taking ownership of the folder ("Start Menu") and inherit the permissions to that folder.

Worked like a charm, thank you matt :)

For anyone else who is having the problem, you can fix it by changing the premmision in the "security" tab of the properties menu (right click->properties).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back