access denied

R

ryusan

i set permissions on user accounts, and since i'm logged into my administrator account, it seems that on my D drive, i can view the files but i can't open/execute them nor can i get into the subfolders, even after repeatedly changing the settings and seeing what i did wrong.

access_denied_on_D.jpg

this is the error i get, it's annoying, so i was wondering how i can fix this security settings so i can access the folder again :mad:

please help

If your using windows home edition, boot into safe mode and log on as the administrator, which is not the same as the admin group outside of safe mode.

Change the setting for the folders you can’t access and re-boot. You should now be able to access the files (hopefully). If your not using XP home there is a utility that can overcome this problem but I’m afraid you will have to seek help elsewhere to find it.
:)

i have professional

what is the name of the utillity?

please let me know.

is there any safe mode things i can do in professional?

If you are not using simple file sharing and have moved these files from (say) an administrator’s profile they will inherit these users security settings and generate an "Access Denied" message when anyone not authorised attempts to open them although you will still be able to “see” them.

Don’t move files (under these circumstances), copy them. This should resolve the issue by assigning the attributes of the security in place at the destination folder tree. Also don’t forget that inheritance of the parent directory (if set to true) will be the default.

*confused* i can't get into subfolders when all the permission settings are checked. i'll just restore winxp again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back