Access 2003; Possible to export fields into labels for mailing?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

For the township we have a very large access database that was recently compiled with updated information. Both sides of the township: Township and PD; want to be able use the list, and automatically go through and generate labels. The list contains many different fields, and two of them have to do with the name and the physical address.

Is there anything that can be done to say, extract the necessary information from the list, and compile it into mailable labels?

Thanks!

Is that an application? Or a feature through Access 2003? Can you elaborate a bit on that Fitz old buddy old pal?

use the mail merge feature built into word and learn how to do a mail merge with external data (the access database) and pull the info out of excel and into a label template that you can print directly onto the labels.

See, this is why I like you. You're a genius! Just 5 minutes after telling the guy that we may have to go with an outside application, and Friday isn't likely... boom, you give me the end all be all of answers, with a feature I never knew about with Word... I managed to figure out how to convert the DB into excel, use the fields I need it, took some time but figured out how to get the labels to work correctly... that was a learning experience!

But thanks Fitz, yet again, you're the man!

you should be able to pull the data directly out of access if you tried.. you might need to setup a DSN and all that. It's been a while since I did a mailmerge out of access data.

Yeah, well it actually seemed easier for me just to export to Excel, delete the fields I didn't need, and then import from Excel... setting up a DSN and everything I think it's going to be way more hassle than it's worth, especially since we're going to be doing this that often.

But thanks Fitz!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back