Abuse of Authority?

Christ. Dunno, the fact that he didn't have an ID could have led the officers to be more suspicious, but I mean, why did they have to taze him 5 times? Why not just hand cuff him from the beginning? The guy who got tazed over reacted with the Patriot Act stuff, although he was getting 50,000 volts of electricity being pumped into him...

Kunal, do you know more about this?

Last edited:
hehehe, ya know what is funny is that after they tased him 5 times, they are telling him to get up. What they should have asked him is can you feel your legs?

Thats absolutely disgusting. No matter what Tabatabainejad was doing, unless he was a physical threat they did not have the right to use the stun gun on him. I absolutely agree with him shouting "abuse of power". Thats all it was, they wanted to flex their muscles, beat him, show off... make an example or whatever. Had they truly tried, I'm sure it could have been resolved in a peaceful manner, afterall... who responds well to being threatened?

According to the follow up article you posted Grandmaster, he was not even given a fair amount of time to prove that he was a student. This is just appalling, I don't know about you guys... but I would have a hard time just standing there watching that happen. Wouldn't you feel obligated to help him? He was the victim here, just because these "security" guards have a sense of power does not mean they are correct.

According to the follow up article you posted Grandmaster, he was not even given a fair amount of time to prove that he was a student. This is just appalling, I don't know about you guys... but I would have a hard time just standing there watching that happen. Wouldn't you feel obligated to help him? He was the victim here, just because these "security" guards have a sense of power does not mean they are correct.

Easier said than done, in the video and in the article it mentioned people who were asking the officer to stop and give them his ID number, but he pointed the tazer in their face...I blame adrenaline :p

Good to know more about this

I was like damn

I honestly would say what the **** are you guys doing and I would tell them to stop and get up in there face.

Or to be really honest I would just punch there face in but we know what that would result into...

Seems like it would have been easier to show ID.

Good to know more about this

I was like damn

I honestly would say what the **** are you guys doing and I would tell them to stop and get up in there face.

Or to be really honest I would just punch there face in but we know what that would result into...
This just in Tittles with 50,000 volts to the chest.

This just in Tittles with 50,000 volts to the chest.

hawleyShocked.jpg

:smoker:

The point isn't what he should/could have done. Yeah, maybe he could have been a little more co-operative in the beginning (I say maybe because I wasn't there, and don't know all the details), but once he was handcuffed, he obviously posed no threat to anyone, and didn't need to be tased multiple times. That's the part people are concerned about.

Things like this make me sick to my stomach :(

-edit-

After reading GM's article a bit more - they actually tazed him WHILE handcuffed. Rediculous, and I hate to go there but you know if he was of a different race it wouldnt' have gone that direction. It really is a shame.

-edit 2-

Wow, just Wow.

Finished reading the article, there is a 6 minute video clip which I'm sure will surface at some point. It says in there that other students were asking for badge numbers and then were threatened to be "tazed too". Also to be noted the amount of power they used, "driver tazer" or whatever, can immobilize someone for 5-15 minutes which would explain why he didn't "cooperate". Bastards propbably knew that and used it as an excuse. Guy was actually on the way out of the library when he was even approached, jerks probably wanted a cheap high.

This should not even be CLOSE to over. I hope those pigs lose their jobs.

This makes me really mad.

Last edited:
The point isn't what he should/could have done. Yeah, maybe he could have been a little more co-operative in the beginning (I say maybe because I wasn't there, and don't know all the details), but once he was handcuffed, he obviously posed no threat to anyone, and didn't need to be tased multiple times. That's the part people are concerned about.

Precisely.

I've talked to some campus officers at my college, and they all seem to be a bunch of laid back people.

However they have been trained to be paranoid when someone acts suspiciously, and with all the school shootings that happen now, you can't you blame them for that.

That however, does not give them the right to continually taze some hand cuffed dude on his knees.

I obviously don't know how justified these officers were for their aggression in the first place, I wasn't there.

but I think these guys need to be tazed and when they're on the ground told to get up and continually tazed until they get up.

these guys need to go to jail, find out how tough they are when they're around some guys that don't like them and these morons are without their little toys

Things like this make me sick to my stomach :(

-edit-

After reading GM's article a bit more - they actually tazed him WHILE handcuffed. Rediculous, and I hate to go there but you know if he was of a different race it wouldnt' have gone that direction. It really is a shame.

-edit 2-

Wow, just Wow.

Finished reading the article, there is a 6 minute video clip which I'm sure will surface at some point. It says in there that other students were asking for badge numbers and then were threatened to be "tazed too". Also to be noted the amount of power they used, "driver tazer" or whatever, can immobilize someone for 5-15 minutes which would explain why he didn't "cooperate". Bastards propbably knew that and used it as an excuse. Guy was actually on the way out of the library when he was even approached, jerks probably wanted a cheap high.

This should not even be CLOSE to over. I hope those pigs lose their jobs.

This makes me really mad.

The 6 min video is the one I posted.

I obviously don't know how justified these officers were for their aggression in the first place, I wasn't there.

but I think these guys need to be tazed and when they're on the ground told to get up and continually tazed until they get up.

these guys need to go to jail, find out how tough they are when they're around some guys that don't like them and these morons are without their little toys

That may be a little cruel within itself, but I do feel they need to be punished/reprimanded.

The 6 min video is the one I posted.

Must have missed that, will watch it later. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back