about windows media player

Liab

OSNN Junior Addict
ive just download a mpeg file,whenever i play it in the windows media player i cannot fast forward..i drag the forwad bar but still cannot,but when i play other movie file i can let me fast forward,does it really depend on the file?

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
The file might not have markers throughout that allow you to move forward that way. You can open up the file in VirtualDub and rebuild it with markers in place... pretty simple to do and the software is free.

http://www.virtualdub.org

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
wow, I never knew about that program before. Thats pretty usefull!

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Bman™ said:
wow, I never knew about that program before. Thats pretty usefull!
Yeah, especially considering that it's free. I've used it countless times.

Glass

sgàthan ìnnleachd
VirtualDub/NanDub coupled with TMPGEnc you can take care of all sorts of business.

Liab

OSNN Junior Addict
ive already download virtualdub,but when i played the video how come it says that it does not support ASF file format?

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Liab said:
ive already download virtualdub,but when i played the video how come it says that it does not support ASF file format?
OK, your video file is in ASF format, which is a low-quality, streaming format. As you've seen, VirtualDub cannot play ASF files, and you aren't able to "fast forward" them either using WMP 9. I am almost certain that you can do so using the old version of WMP (version 6.4), which is also installed on your system (C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe). Try opening the file using that player.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swipk8