About services...

Beginning

I'm Beginning Somehow...
Hi folks..

Sorry I ain't been around for a while.. Really busy with work and all.. Anyway, I logged onto my XP desktop today and I noticed my CPU usage was @ a 100% all the time... It drops a bit now and then but goes right back up... I looked under the processes tab and I see NMIndexingStoreSvr.exe is running @ 94 - 98. What is this process? I can't find any info on it. What the frack is going on? Any ideas?

Download Process Explorer

In Process Explorer, go to View > Select Columns and apply a check to Image Path.

Next, right click NMIndexingStoreSvr.exe and choose Properties. Copy the path and paste it here for us to see.

After a quick search on the process name, I found foreign results. You may wish to terminate the process after getting the path.

Oh crap....... I must be getting old.. :) I got paranoid and thought I had to have the answer today.. :) Anyway as it turns out it was Nero putting that process in there. I found it out after I posted. I had forgot that most of the processes that are in the task manager/ processes, are also displayed in the software environment/running tasks in your startmenu/accessories/system tools/system information. Anyway I found it in there and just went and killed it. I thought anything that is running all the time having to do with Nero shouldn't be running in the processes.. So anyway thanks for the quick responce, all sorted out.. :D Cheers!!

Better to play it safe and check into it, than to leave it alone and risk things getting worse. ;)

That is part of the Nero suite. Nero Media Sniffer or something. Just disable it, it's a pain anyway!

Oh crap....... I must be getting old.. :) I got paranoid and thought I had to have the answer today.. :) Anyway as it turns out it was Nero putting that process in there. I found it out after I posted. I had forgot that most of the processes that are in the task manager/ processes, are also displayed in the software environment/running tasks in your startmenu/accessories/system tools/system information. Anyway I found it in there and just went and killed it. I thought anything that is running all the time having to do with Nero shouldn't be running in the processes.. So anyway thanks for the quick responce, all sorted out.. :D Cheers!!

Sorry i missed that. My brain too quick for my eyes sometimes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I've got the same problem, my CPU is also everytime 100%. I downloaded the program and here is my copy. I don't know if this is the thing you need. This is my first time on a forum, so don't get to angry that I post reply on an old topic.

This is the copy-paste part

http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?url=http%3A//computer-software.marktplaats.nl/overige-computer-software/122350658-test-cpu.html%3Fcomplete_ad%3D1%26code%3D22544bc8b1c889affe8ae3db17ee0915%26xref%3D1

And the other one:
http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php...&code=22544bc8b1c889affe8ae3db17ee0915&xref=1

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back