About Internet Explorer...

R

Ramanuman

Has a tweak been found to keep loading IE windows from stealing the focus constantly ?

Everytime I search for this, I find references to TweakUI. But that only keeps applications from stealing the focus from others : Not IE windows stealing it from other IE windows.

Another thing : I was reading this post by Qumahlin (is he still around ?) that was dated December 6 :

1. go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER,Console,find "fullscreen" modify the value from 0 to 1.
2 go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER,Software,Microsoft,InternetExplorer,Main, "find fullscreen" modify the value from no to yes.
3. reboot your computer.
4. Now everytime you open explorer or IE 6 you'll be running in full screen.

Just wanted to make sure, if anyone has tried it : It will run everything in "full screen" right, or simply "maximized" ?

Thanks.

try going to full screen in windows explorer and saving that view to allowing that view to all folders

then in windows explorere, go to tools, folder options, view

scroll down and uncheck "remember each folder view settings

see if that does it

also...I stopped using the full screen view once I configured my entire browser to one bar...give this a shot too

see screeny on the "our favirite tweaks" thread

Thanks Dealer. I meant more about IE windows stealing the focus from each other.

(I'm alright for windows coming up maximized. I was just curious about that twek, whether that's what it does or if it makes them open full screen, as when you use F11.)

the only thing I can think of is to hit properties

go to the "run"

and set this to minimized...obviously this will prevent the window fro stealing focus, but I don't think that'll do the trick 4 u

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back