about filesharing in XP

D

defiz

Hi!

I have two computers one have a XP and second have 98se..

win98se computer remember drives what I want to share, like D E and XP see them automatically..

But when I select (Xp machine) for exsaple D -> sharing and security and I select that this drive will be shared..
but When I shutdown my machine and start it again it Xp doesn't remeber my shared drives.. so I need to select them again everytimy when I boot my computer.. I can select them manually but that is annoying.

So how can I make XP remeber shared drives like a win98se?

When you map a drive from XP, in the same window where you select the drive letter and select the \\computer\share there is a checkbox for :
Reconect at Logon.
Check it.

help

I mean when I select (exsample) share drive D in xp.. but when I reboot my computer I have to do that again!
Is that some kind of security stuff?

so Xp doesn't remember what drive I want to share.. I have that reconnect at logon but that isn't problem.. Xp just can't remember?!

please can someone help, Thanks much! =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back