• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

about avatars

D

da rock

hope i didn't post in the wrong place , but does anyone know where i might find site or whatever about avatars,iv'e seen some really cool ones in different fourms and would like to try
one out.
thanks in advance!
da rock;)

D

DrX

mine isnt the best ,

but i just look for them while im surfing around ... and resize the image

i dont know of any sites which just have avatars ..sorry

I think most photo editors will do it. Microsoft Photo Editor, Irfanview (personal fav), Paint Shop, Photo Shop - the list could go on and on.

D

David Chapple

I have worked with computers and computer sytems ever since they were on sale comercially ( In the early 1960s I worked on the Elliot 803 that filled a huge room and had 8K memory and everything had to be loaded from punched tape!!!) but now things are moving so fast that I cannot keep up.

To please an old buffer like me please tell me.....what are Avatars?

David

D

David Chapple

Many thanks Lonman for you help. Next silly question is why is something so simple called an Avatar?

David

N

noah472

Here is the dictionary meaning, hope this helps!!

Avatar = An embodiment, as of a quality or concept; an archetype: the very avatar of cunning.

S

Speed4Ever

Originally posted by noah472
Here is the dictionary meaning, hope this helps!!

Avatar = An embodiment, as of a quality or concept; an archetype: the very avatar of cunning.
Funny, I always thougt it was a goofy picture in a forum :D

Guess I learn something new everyday around here...

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown