About A Boy [ The Movie Surprised Me ]

• Thread starter PseudoKiller
  • Start date
P

PseudoKiller

I was expecting another stupid, one dimensional, lame attempt at a comedy from Hugh (so lame I need to get it from a hooker) Grant. The reigning King of BAD romantic comedies.
To my surprise I watch a film that was thought provoking and genuienly funny. Hugh Grant was himself and I dont think it was a roll that was such a streach for him but all in all and very good film and a very nice ending. Worth seeing... only downside is the english slang. The DVD has a feature called English To English Translations.. that in itself is worth it.
Check it out if you have the time

that was a decent movie ..i always enjoy his movies for the most part

They copied my hairdo and my lazy lifestyle. I am Ibiza dammit.
I await my commision.

I'm digging up this old post because I just watched a romantic comedy. "Two Weeks Notice".

Hmmm... For me, there's one thing that clearly separates romantic comdies from action, horror, suspense (basically OTHER) movies. It makes me want to watch another one.

The movie was great and I thought the leading characters were well played by Grant and Bullock. I think Hugh Grant makes nice romantic comedies. But "Two Weeks Notice" is my favorite one by him so far.

Any other modern romantic comedies recommendations? I feel like getting some more. Thanx. :)

"Love Actually" ? :s
The guy from "My Family" is cool
He goes all the way over to America cos he thinks american girls dig english men and ends up in the middle of nowhere, cue the line "We are so poor we all sleep in the same bed and don't wear pyjamas... is that ok with you?"... Elisha Cuthbert, Shannon Elizabeth, Denise Richards - my word!

"Billy Mack : Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free. "

damn... way to hijack a thread...

About a Boy was much better than 2 weeks notice. I saw that one also and thought it was lame. Hugh Grant was boring and Sandra Bullock acted like a moron in it. The story line was predictable and weak at best.

Hehe... this is a really old thread isn't it. Not anymore. :D
Well, I'll try "My Family".

I've already watched About A Boy, and I liked that as well.

yeah, love actually was good, as was About a Boy. Think Love Actually was better though

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back