Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Can't decide !

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

Lee

Abortion copies Nazis - Cardinal

Abortion leads to Nazi-style birth control and lets the strong decide the fate of the weak, Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Connor has warned.

The head of the Catholic Church in England and Wales wrote: "That way lies eugenics, and we know from German history where that leads."

He denounced "embryo selection on the basis of gender and genes". Pro-choice campaigners said they were disappointed he had attacked "women's right to safe legal abortions".

Read More & Source

As someone on the radio just said "Real Catholics will never even consider abortion an option so who are they to tell none Catholics what they can and can't do?"

It's amusing how conservatives of all stripes (and that's what this Cardinal is--a conservative) can evoke Nazism at their disposal, but the minute liberals even imply that label on anything conservative, people jump all over them. Does conservatism have the patent on "Nazi labelling"?

And with all this obsession with "abortion," what's lost is that Catholicism is also against the death penalty, but conservative Catholics regularly ignore this and support the death penalty like any "good conservative" does. Hypocrites all around.

Melon

Ofcourse,everybody should.Mind you I did something else while Uri Geller was on,can't stand him and his namedropping every 5 minutes :speechless: :laugh:

heh, funny thing the Nazi's got their ideas of eugenics from California. The governor previous to Schwarzenegger, recently apologized for a eugenics program that sterilized anybody, who was classified as a moron or feeble, as well as some convicts.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/11/09/ING9C2QSKB1.DTL

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...archive/2003/03/10/BU91464.DTL&type=printable

http://www.calacademy.org/symposia/HGHB/archive_files/2-KEVLES.htm (apparently it went beyond California, as well.)

As far as my view on abortion, he has a penis, how could he possibly say anything? Until the Catholic church recognizes women in the hall of power, than it is an elitist fraternal order, with little bearing on social issues, unless you plan on giving them the power. When they can achieve sexual equality within their own midst, than I would consider anything they might have to say.

As far as I'm concerned it has nothing to do with you,me or anyone else what any individual wishes to do.Each and everyone of us has our own minds and are able to make decisions for ourselves.

I am Pro-Choice with limitations. I don't believe abortion should be used as a birth control repeatedly by people too naive to use real birth control. An accident is one thing. Stupidity is an entirely different matter. I definitely believe it should be allowed in cases of rape, molestation, etc.

I also find it sadly humorous to see a Cardinal make reference to abortion being Nazi-ish. The Catholic Church as a whole was very quiet and compliant during the Third Reich even though many church members urged their Churches to make public statements against it. The Church only came out against it after 1945. Too little too late to regain their integrity, IMO.

rotjong

The church needs to put more energy into ousting all these child abusers they insist on harbouring :speechless:

Evil Marge said:
The church needs to put more energy into ousting all these child abusers they insist on harbouring :speechless:
Agreed.

rotjong

I am not definitely either way, in my opinion a person is entitled to their body and all which is contained within it. So until the child is born I would class it as being within the realm for which a woman has entire personal responsiblity and so it should ultimately be her choice about what she does.

I dont really believe people should define their lives around the largest cult in the world. Granted its a predominantly socially accepted cult, but a cult all the same.

btw, is that supposed to be Yes I believe abortion is right (or at least an option) or Yes I believe abortion is evil and copied from the nazis??

Geffy said:
btw, is that supposed to be Yes I believe abortion is right (or at least an option) or Yes I believe abortion is evil and copied from the nazis??

Hmmm... now that you raise this point I think I may have misunderstood the poll, myself, and voted wrong.

rotjong

Geffy said:
Yeah I was unsure myself. :(

I believe that abortion is wrong. It is a human life from the moment of conception. It is the same as putting a gun to a childs head and pulling the trigger, or any other person.

*WARNING* These images are very disturbing!!!!!!

http://www.cbrinfo.org/Resources/pictures.html

Abortion is just another way to kill a human, another way to say the human or person is unwanted, or worthless.

Steevo said:
Abortion is just another way to kill a human, another way to say the human or person is unwanted, or worthless.
<devils advocate>It's also another way to make sure the child isn't going to grow up in a poor environment, which they don't deserve, and that gives them a greater chance of having a negative impact on society.</devils advocate>

*edit* - I feel though that unless your a woman you have no say one way or another on abortion.

I believe that it is personal choice and nobody has to the right to say what is right or wrong and make judgements against people of a different mind to them.

Xie said:
*edit* - I feel though that unless your a woman you have no say one way or another on abortion.

agree with that 100%

Xie said:
<devils advocate>It's also another way to make sure the child isn't going to grow up in a poor environment, which they don't deserve, and that gives them a greater chance of having a negative impact on society.</devils advocate>

Who knows what any child will become. No one.

I do not know if it is your choice of wording, but you make it seem like one life is replaceable with another. If such is the case then your life is worthless and it would mean nothing to kill you. Do you feel that is right? What is the difference between killing you now or if your mother had killed you before you had a cheance? In the scenario that you portray there is none, all human life is worthless and can be replaced.

So far as a bad envirement, I had one along with my girlfriend. Yet we are not bad people. Does that mean that all children should be killed if their parents are poor, abusive, etc....

This is for anyone.

Imagine your mother coming up to you, pulling out a pick, slamming it into your head and vacuming out your brains, then breaking you into peaces that are easy to carry. Then you are thrown out with the trash. It does not matter that you are older now, or that you have your own life. It does not matter, you were a mistake, a inconvinence, a trouble that has now been corrected, and you can be replaced.

Is this the world that you want to live in?

Steevo said:
Imagine your mother coming up to you, pulling out a pick, slamming it into your head and vacuming out your brains, then breaking you into peaces that are easy to carry. Then you are thrown out with the trash.
Is this the world that you want to live in?
I don't believe in abortion as a way of birth control. I do believe that in some cases the mother has the right to do so. I would say something along the lines of possibly killing her, or in the case of rape. Also I'm borderline in an instance where she might be a crack head/alcholic/ect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back