Abit KV8-MAX3

macromp

the retarded one
ok i've just installed a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu, switched the computer on and the motherboard alarm thing wont stop! it's very annoying, i've looked through the BIOS for anything unusual, checked all connections and it's still going! any ideas what the hell is making it do this? using athlon 64 3200+

Sounds like you've connected the fan to the wrong connector on the motherboard.
Does the BIOS have any form of fan monitoring you can examine? If so, see if it is reporting a speed for the fan.You should see something for the cpu fan if it's on the correct plug.

yeah i'd already checked that kind of stuff, at first i thought it might not like the fan mate thing that comes with the sink/fan but i dunno (oh and it was on the right one, it says CPUFAN1 right next to it =))

it'll do that :)

i had a zalman fan and it set off the alarm when first installed because the connector was running through the little dial toggle thinger to control fan speed :)

in my bios it basically lets me know that the mobo was not detecting the fan @ bootup and to continue or not... so long as you PHYSICALLY see the fan running its all good :)

it'll sort itself out in subsequent boots...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back