Abit KT7A & MS Plug and Play Game Pad

• Thread starter NegativeFactor
  • Start date
N

NegativeFactor

Has anyone actully got this motherboard (Abit KT7A) and the Joypad (Sidewinder Plug and Play Gamepad USB) working together?

All that happens is you stick the gamepad in, XP picks it up, installs it. fine. You can play away. Then you reboot and things go bad, it won't pick the gamepad up now. Take it out, stick it back in, nothing. If you take the joypad out leave it a few months and stick it back in, it will pick it up. But then after you reboot it never sees the pad again. weird. I think it's something to do with the polling intervals between the USB adapter on the motherboard and gamepad itself.

This is a quite well known problem, and i've attempted to install the patch that (is meant) to fix the problem from the MS website...nothing. I update the Via 4 in 1 drivers everytime a new one is released in the hope that it will work. But nothing. Update USB filter driver. Nothing.

Can anyone help me? has anyone survived this torment?

5:15 Angels have gone.

I'm afarid i've already tried that, i'm on the latest BIOS version, which is 7N. I really am at a dead end with this.

..since i was born i started to decay, now nothing ever, ever goes my way.

Mine works just fine..... maybe there is something wrong with your board? or maybe the Game Pad.

Sorry i should have mentioned before, this is the old KT7A motherboard. The one that will only take up to a 1.4Ghz!

I know what board it is I have a 1ghz duron running in it.

Oh right, sorry. I just looked on your signature, I seem to have forgot the possibility that people may have 2 computers.

so you don't have any problems? Weird.

Well I guess it's just my Gamepad then, oh well. I'll have to stick to playing 'joypad' games on my PS2 and GameCube.

Thanks anyway.

...Snoops up side ya head.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back